** 更新公告 **

2011-12 Picasa Photo Hayden -M0 & Nathan - M26

2011-1-2 東征C討, 探尋C奇古怪, 巴里島親子遊

Hayden & Nathan Blog

歡迎大家進入參觀

4.21.2010

[Angry] Please respect we are the parent

[Angry] Please respect we are the parent

I struggle a lot should I write this complain on my blog or not, I still decide to express what I'm thinking, but using English. (I think they will not try to read it)

We want to introduce solid food to Nathan, and also let mother in law know this, told her that we will feed him when Nathan is 5 months old and it will be this coming weekend. I admit that my mother in law is a very nice and kind person, give us a lot help, love Nathan very much. But you destroyed the fun being parent, you fed Nathan his first solid food, while we were not at home, and not mentioned about he is not 5 months old.

We didn't take any photo and vedio of this memorable moment, none of us were there witnessed his first try. We are the parent, not you. You already had your precious memory while your children were young, now is our turn.

Though children will grow up and leave us, but the memory we had is the only comfort while they are away. We can share his many first try with you, but please do not take the fun being a parent from us.

7 則留言:

匿名 提到...

Hi 無意間發現你的blog,剛好也是住在 sydney 的台灣人,也在去年生下第一個寶寶,希望有機會和你成為朋友

Unknown 提到...

hi,

你住在哪裡啊? 我們住在Hornsby。也有不少媽咪都住在北邊,你有在用facebook嗎?可以加入這個group -> Sydney Taiwanese Mother Group, 雪梨媽咪group

匿名 提到...

這是我的 msn、facebook (patty0714@hotmail.com)

Mago 提到...

Take easy. There will be more conflict on the training into baby in the future.

Unknown 提到...

It's really difficult.

Emily 提到...

Dear CC,

I believe she did not mean to wrest your right of experiencing Nathan's first because in their generation that was not that important. What is important to her is what is the best for Nathan. Although everyone wants to give Nathan the best, you may act differently; therefore, you may disagree with each other every now and then. So please let it go and just keep in mind that she loves Nathan as you do.

P.S. Since you enjoy Nathan's first a lot, I want to remind you that, if you have your second baby, you need to treat it the same way because kids notice. However, one day you will realize how hard it is. If unfortunately they blame on you, you may feel kind of the same way your mom in law suffered...

Unknown 提到...

Dear Emily,

I know their thought are so different than us, so I didn't speak out or express any feelings. When I told my mom about this, she also gave me what the big deal. So I only can express my feelings on blog, let go after writing.

You are right, if I have my 2nd child, must treat them equally. I think for mom this part is easier, for dad is more difficult (esp. if the 2nd child is a girl).

Still have long way to go and learn as parent and as daughter in law.